Building in competitive edge
Engine and genset original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are at the heart of the power generation sector.
In a highly competitive market, and with an increasing focus on energy efficiency, OEMs need to find ways to differentiate products in order to become the preferred supplier of generators to power rental companies, independent power producers, genset end-users with high levels of utilisation and renewable energy producers.
The benefits of ETC technology for OEMs
Competitive advantage and increased market share
OEMs that integrate ETC technology with their engines and gensets offer customers a more technically advanced product compared to other products in the market:
- Improved fuel efficiency, delivering the same power output with a lower fuel consumption, or generating additional power – enhanced competitive advantage
- Improved products to drive new markets, and either take share from established players or defend market position from competition
Clean energy benefits
For OEMs serving the renewable energy sector, ETC-equipped engines or generators enables end-users to generate more clean power from the same intake of finite renewable fuel sources. Read our case study on a customer using a Cummins KTA50 running on bio-fuel.
The benefit to diesel engine customers
The ETC system delivers between 4-7% fuel consumption savings, which, even at today’s low fuel prices, delivers significant cost savings to end-users operating a fleet. See the value of fuel saved by our customers worldwide.
Product design confidence
Bowman has the engineering and design expertise to help OEMs integrate the ETC system into standard products:
- The system is suited to new-build applications and carries a similar warranty to standard OEM warranties
- The system is maintained at the same intervals as the host engine and does not require specialist engineers
The ETC technology is robust, reliable and proven in the field, with over 700 systems deployed worldwide. Read more about reliability in our FAQs.
Security of supply
We understand and know how to support our OEM customers;
- Bowman has been operating since 2004 and has developed a number of long-term partnerships with OEMs
- We are ISO 14001 and 9001 certified
- OEM approved production, manufacturing and in-house test facilities, with the capability to deliver ETC systems at volume
Read how global OEM Wärtsilä has partnered with Bowman to design an ETC system specifically for the needs of the company’s power plant customers.