Our Purpose and Values
Southampton-based Bowman Power Group was founded in 2004 by Tony Davies, to develop new technology for improving the energy efficiency of reciprocating engines.
Our purpose is that, where reciprocating engines are used to generate power, fuel is consumed as efficiently as possible.
Our technology will enable you to achieve your efficiency aims whilst contributing to climate change goals.
- Trust: Our customers trust us because we deliver on our promises. We trust each other to do the best job possible
- Respect: We respect the needs of our customers, employees, shareholders and suppliers
- Passion: We are passionate about our technology, the environment and our company
- Quality: We pursue the highest quality in all that we do, and enjoy doing so
- Collaboration: We work as a team and always look to collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners
Increased energy efficiency
Increased customer advantage
Initial applications of Electric Turbo Compounding (ETC) technology included development programmes with John Deere, Navistar, Daimler, Fiat and Volvo, and within a few years the ETC system had matured for smaller scale industrial applications, focusing on integration with engines used for on and off-road vehicles.
By 2009, Bowman started to transition the development of the ETC system for use in the distributed power industry, in response to the ever-increasing demand for stationary power generation capacity. We now manufacture a range of ETC system options, employ 80 people, have deployed hundreds of ETC systems around the world, and our customers have saved hundreds of thousands of tonnes of CO2, and millions of dollars’ worth of fuel.